It's another week so hope you are all well and happy. I've been doing stretching exercises with my knee, but the pain wasn't getting better so I felt I better go to the doctor. I limped, or more like wobbled, to the elevator, as the stairs are too painful right now. Limped to his office where he looked at my knee, bent my knee then he jerked it and boy, I about screamed in pain. He sent me to xray. I wobbled to xray where my knee was jerked around again. After taking 3 xrays I wobbled back to the doctor's where he was able to instantly see my xrays. I have a fractured knee cap and a torn ligament! Just Kidding.ha ha! Now I feel like a wimp as I only have inflammation and thinning cartilage on the one side of the knee joint. It's almost bone on bone but enough cartilage to last me, hopefully 21 years until I get on Medicare to pay for surgery. I don't think it will last that long, but anyway, no more stairs for me per doctor's orders. Walking is to be minimal until the inflammation goes down and if it still bothers me after the anti-inflammatory medication then I need to see an orthopedic surgeon. I think I would rather deal with the pain. Stairs are grueling on the knees so be careful. Both of Sally's knees are bothering her, so no more stairs for Sally.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 10th! It's the Farmington 5K/10K walk/run. You can register on Active.com or on Farmington's Website. I'll post the website next week. We did it last year and it's a beautiful walk and quite flat and easy. I was able to do the 5K in 1 hour 9 minutes so this year I'm hoping to get under an hour. Afterwards then we'll have our 4th of July celebration for Walking Across America! We can do it and we are doing it! YES WE CAN!! Way to go everyone! Also, thank you for the wonderful and positive comments! You are all an inspiration to me! Thank you and love you!
Thought for the day: "If you think you can or think you can't - you are right." ~Henry Ford
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment