Hope everyone is happy and healthy! We are half way there to our goal of Walking across America!
We are passing through Kansas and still moving forward. Jeff has made a fun map of our progress so click on it when you enter your information on the fitness entry form. You may be surprised to see your picture on the map. There's even a picture of Dad in a jazzy scooter, but I don't think that counts:) Jeff, thank you for all your hard work and dedication on this fun adventure! Everyone is doing great and hopefully feeling great! We should reach our goal by June so mark your calendars for the 4th of July for a big celebration! I think we should just keep moving and continue with Walking with Wendy WORLD WIDE! We can make it around the globe! We'll need everyone's help but we can do it! It's only 24,902 miles so once we reach our goal of America we are 1/8 finished with the earth. I'm feeling a little over-ambitious:)
My knee is still quite painful so I'm giving it one more week before I see the doctor. This knee has troubled me for years and I think climbing so many stairs at a time was too much. Sally's knee is also bothering her and Janet bruised the top of her foot from going up the stairs just on the balls of her feet. Walking works best for us. I did some walking at BYU last week but not as much as I wanted to. It has been frustrating because I was doing so well and now with this knee problem.:( It was a little better today so I'm hoping by Monday I'll be able to join my co-workers on our walks. AJ injured his ankle a month ago and he's still going and Mom and her knee problems and she's still going, and Dad with his hip problems. So it's good not to give up and to keep moving. I keep thinking that I'm trying to do this goal and so afraid I'm not going to make it and let people down but I need to remember the following thought for the day...
"Do or do not--there is no try." ~Yoda
"May the force be with you!" ~Yoda and company
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wendy, remember that all you have to keep doing is putting one foot in front of the other. This is a journey! There is no finish line. This is not a race. We are all going to be proud of you if you just keep doing that!
ReplyDelete