Thursday, April 1, 2010

This is not an April Fool's joke...

Day one of my journey and I hope you join me! My name is Wendy and I auditioned for the Biggest Loser TV show last week in Salt Lake City, UT. I stood, not sat, but stood in line for 8 hours for a 15 second interview. I thought if I waited in line that long, I'm going all the way with an audition tape. My sister Linda video taped me, and her husband, Jeff edited and we made a video of me talking about some of the most personal things in my life. My weight, my fears and just being in front of a camera was a challenge but I did it. I'll attach a copy of the audition tape in an upcoming post.

Anyway, on my breaks at work I and a couple of co-workers try to walk around the building and parking lot for exercise. It's about 1/2 mile per break so we walk about one mile per day. This past week the wind was blowing so hard and it was so cold we decided to walk the stairs again, like we've done in the past. With the two breaks and leaving work from the basement, I walked UP 11 flights of stairs. My legs were jiggling like jello. The next day my legs were so sore but it was a good pain. I couldn't stand at the printer too long without my legs shaking, but I went UP 9 flights of stairs regardless of the pain from the day before. My sister was so proud of me that she said if I keep this up I could do the 1/2 marathon in St. George in November. So my journey begins!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Wendy! This is going to be so fun! I'm looking forward to training with you. Remember, small goals! You don't need to do it all at once. Every day is a small victory!

    ReplyDelete